What is Biomass?
Biomass is an industry term for getting energy by burning wood, and other organic matter.
Biomass encompasses a broad spectrum ranging from a small wood stove burning logs heating a single room to a large commercial boiler burning either wood chip or pellets distributing heat to multiple buildings.
How will it benefit me?
- Biomass is not only used to generate electricity as it is also able to produce heat.
- It cannot be depleted the same as fossil fuels as long as we can continue growing plants biomass will be available!
- The cost of traditional fuels such as oil and gas are increasing year by year! This is not something that is expected to change anytime soon. Biomass costs as limited to maintenance and woodfuel both of which we can offer you a steady price for as long a contract as you may like.
- Biomass boilers qualify for RHI payments. Much like the Feed in tariff payments for the solar panels there is a payment you will receive for every KW of energy you burn.
How can Biomass help the environment?
- It helps climate change by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The CO2 which has been absorbed by the plant for its growth is going back into the atmosphere and is later re-absorbed by growing plants. Fossil fuels not only produce more CO2 which adds to global warming it also produces Sulfur Dioxide and Lead Oxide which are both very toxic gases.
- Replacing a coal or electric heating system with a biomass boiler can help you reduce your carbon dioxide output by up to 9.5 tons, annually.
What is the RHI?
The Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (Domestic RHI) is a government financial incentive to promote the use of renewable heat. You receive a quarterly tariff payment for every kilowatt hour (kWh) of renewable heat you produce. You get these payments for seven years.
Latest RHI rates are available at https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/non-domestic-rhi/contacts-guidance-and-resources/tariffs-and-payments-non-domestic-rhi .
Where can I get woodfuel?
We have 2 sister companies that supply Woodchip fuel to Commercial, industrial and residential customers. With a base in the Scottish Highlands at Grantown on Spey, and a branch in Irvine this ensures that we can cover a vast area for our customers, in a variety of delivery vehicles to best suit the customer including bulk tippers and walking floor lorries.
How do I maintain and service my boiler?
Here at Global Eco Energy we can offer you a bespoke service and maintenance package to ensure you peace of mind. We will look after your boiler and ensure you get your annual services with quick response times to breakdowns.